Change is the new normal. There is no such thing as business as usual, which means as leaders you need to have an adaptive approach to managing change. Leading change can be difficult. You are accountable for delivery, you get the brunt of the frustration and you often don’t have time to reflect.
Taking time out with your coach gives you the opportunity to do a Pause, Pulse and Pace review. This allows you to:
- Pause and take time to reflect on:
- the past few weeks; what you were trying to do, what worked and what didn’t.
- how to approach the next few weeks.
- Take the Pulse which assesses how your project is going.
- Decide on the optimum Pace and what is achievable moving forward.
This time with your coach allows you to remain objective within a trusted space. Your coach will assist you to remove clutter from your decision making and to keep issues in perspective.